English Language Enhancement Programme for Kindergarten Teachers – Level One
This 35-hour short course for serving kindergarten (KG) teachers and principals aims at –
- enhancing KG teachers’ and principals’ English language proficiency and equipping them with essential English language skills for conducting English language activities for young children in class; and
- enhancing KG teachers’ and principals’ understanding of early English language and literacy development/learning of young children.
- Essential English language subject knowledge and skills, including but not limited to, phonics and pronunciation, grammar, connected speech and classroom English for conducting English activities for young children in the classroom;
- Introduction to second language acquisition (English language) of young children; and
- Early English language and literacy development of young children.
English Language Enhancement Programme for Kindergarten Teachers – Level Two
This 34-hour short course for serving kindergarten (KG) teachers and principals aims at –
- boosting the confidence and competencies of KG teachers and principals in adopting pedagogy in exposing young children to English in integrated and thematic approaches; and
- creating a platform for KG teachers and principals to share practices and experiences, and to exchange knowledge with respect to English language exposure of young children.
- 28 hours of focus training on two effective teaching strategies for developing English oracy and literacy of young children (second/foreign language) such as Storytelling, Shared Reading, and related developmentally-appropriate English language activities for young children; and
- Two three-hour experience sharing sessions for participants to report and share their observations/experiences in planning and trials of the English language teaching strategies which they have learned from the programme in their classrooms.
(The objectives and content of the Chinese Language Enhancement Programme are available in Chinese only.)