the Programme may be switched to online learning mode.
The enrolment period is extended to 23 September 2020.
The enrolment period for the 2020/21 school year is from 17 August 2020 to 4 September 2020.
- Kindergartens are required to submit application(s) to respective course providers with all the required supporting documents. Each applicant is only allowed to apply to ONE course provider only. The application(s) will be judged as ineligible if the applicant(s) fail(s) to submit all the required supporting documents as required.
- All applicants should submit the recommendation letter (for teacher applicants only) or self-recommendation letter (for principal applicants only) together with their application(s).
Document(s) for Download
- Recommendation letter (for teacher use only) (Chinese version only)
- Self-recommendation letter (for principal use only) (Chinese version only)
Release of Enrolment Results
Enrolment results will be released by the course providers on 11 September 20201 or 28 September 20202.
Acknowledge the Receipt of Enrolment Results
- After the announcement of enrolment results, kindergartens should arrange their principal and teacher(s) to acknowledge the enrolment result(s) with respective course provider(s) from 14 September 2020 to 18 September 20201 or from 30 September 2020 to 7 October 20202.
Note 1. Referring to EDU-O1
Note 2. Referring to all other classes not listed in Note 1
Supply Teacher Grant
- To be eligible for applying for the Supply Teacher Grant, teacher participants should attend the specified course of the Chinses/English Language Enhancement Programme for Kindergarten Teachers of the 2020/21 school year for three consecutive days or more.
- Application for Supply Teacher Grant will be viewed as unsuccessful if the teacher participant fails to attend the specified course for three consecutive days (with the exception of sick leave).
- To apply for Supply Teacher Grant, kindergartens should submit the application form with all the required documents by post or in person to Language Education & SCOLAR Section.
- All applications should be submitted to Language Education & SCOLAR Section on or before 31 August 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Guide to Schools
- Each local non-profit-making kindergarten joining the "Kindergarten Education Scheme" will be given priority to enrol their principal and teachers to the following subsidised courses of the Programme:
Teachers Principal Eligible Period 2020/21 s.y. 2017/18 to 2020/21 s.y. Chinese Programme 2 for Foundation Course
2 for Extended (NCS) Course
1 for Foundation Course
1 for Extended (NCS) Course
English Programme 2 (for both Level One and Level Two) 1
- Kindergartens may nominate and enrol their principals and teachers who meet the entry requirements of respective courses of the Programme to the courses. Kindergarten principals and their nominated teachers are responsible for checking whether the online enrolment procedures have been completed or not.
- Once an application is submitted, the subsidised place(s) for the nominated/enroled teacher(s)/principal concerned will be deducted from the kindergartens.
- Enrolment will be treated on a first-come, first-served basis. Late enrolment will not be accepted.
- After the announcement of enrolment results, kindergartens which wish to replace the course participant(s) with other teacher(s) of their school must seek prior written approval from SCOLAR and respective course provider(s) (institution(s)) at least five working days before the commencement of the course.
- No replacement of course participant(s) is allowed after the commencement of the courses.
- Should a course participant wish to drop out of a course of the Programme due to health reason, he/she and his/her serving kindergarten must inform SCOLAR and the respective course provider (institution) in writing with supporting documents. Whether or not the subsidised place for the course participant concerned will be deducted from the kindergarten is subject to SCOLAR's final decision.
- Should a course participant resign from the kindergarten which has nominated him/her for the course of the Programme and work in another kindergarten during the course period, the subsidised place for him/her shall be deducted from the kindergarten which he/she is serving during the course period. Should the new employer (kindergarten) of the course participant decline to provide a subsidised place for the course participant (teacher) concerned, the course participant will not be allowed to attend the course.
- Should a course participant resign from the kindergarten which has nominated him/her for the course of the Programme and leave the profession before the commencement of the course or during the course period, he or she will not be allowed to attend the course.
- Whether or not a course participant can complete the course or be issued the course certificate, the subsidised place for him/her shall be deducted from his/her kindergarten.
- SCOLAR reserves the right to make the final decision with respect to the allocation of subsidised places of each kindergarten.