The enrolment for the 2018/19 school year is divided into two phases:
|Phase||Start Date of Classes||Enrolment Period|
|Phase 1||25/10/2018 – 15/01/2019||03/09/2018 – 21/09/2018|
|Phase 2||16/02/2019 – 04/05/2019||10/12/2018 – 04/01/2019|
Step 1: Open Online Enrolment Account
- Invitation letters have been sent to kindergartens joining the Free Quality Kindergarten Education Scheme in the 2018/19 school year for opening an online enrolment account.
- Kindergartens are required to confirm their contact details and return the reply slip to SCOLAR Secretariat by fax.
- Upon receiving the reply slip from the kindergartens, SCOLAR will send a designated login name and password to the respective kindergartens via the email address provided within two working days.
Step 2: Phase 2 Enrolment
- From 10:00 a.m. on 10 Dec 2018 to 2:00 p.m. on 4 Jan 2019, kindergartens which have received their designated login name and password can log in to the programme website (http://scolar.edb.hkedcity.net/lepkg/enroll/) using the login name and password to enrol their teachers in the courses by inputting the teachers' Chinese and English names and their preference of classes. For the courses for principals, kindergartens should fill in the application form and submit it to SCOLAR by fax (Fax no.: 2801 7732) from 10:00 a.m. on 10 Dec 2018 to 2:00 p.m. on 4 Jan 2019.
Document for Download Language Enhancement Programme for Kindergarten Principals – Phase 2 Application Form (Chinese version only)
Step 3: Release of Enrolment Results of Phase 2
- Teachers will be assigned to the classes in accordance with their preference as far as possible. The enrolment results of the courses for kindergarten teachers will be released on the programme website on 11 Jan 2019. Kindergartens may log in to the programme website for information. The enrolment results of the courses for kindergarten principals will be emailed to the respective kindergartens.
Step 4: Registration for Phase 2
- After the announcement of the enrolment results, kindergartens should arrange their principal and teachers who have been successfully admitted into the courses to complete the course registration with the respective course provider(s) from 17 Jan 2019 to 30 Jan 2019.
Guide to Schools
- In the three school years of 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20, each local non-profit-making kindergarten joining the Free Quality Kindergarten Education Scheme will be given priority for the following subsidised places to enrol their principal and teachers to the courses of the Programme:
Teachers Principal Chinese Programme 4 1 English Programme 4 1
- Kindergartens may nominate and enrol their principals and teachers who meet the entry requirements of the respective courses of the Programme to the courses. Kindergarten principals and their nominated teachers have the responsibility to check whether the online enrolment procedures have been completed or not.
- After the announcement of the enrolment results, kindergartens which fail to arrange their teacher(s) and/or principal who has/have been successfully admitted into the course(s) of the Programme to complete the course registration with the respective course provider(s) (institution(s)) and fail to inform SCOLAR and the respective course provider(s) (institution(s)) in writing with strong justifications, the subsidised place(s) for the nominated/enroled teacher(s)/principal concerned shall be deducted from the kindergartens.
- After the announcement of the enrolment results, kindergartens which wish to replace the course participant(s) with other teacher(s) of their school must seek prior written approval from SCOLAR and the respective course provider(s) (institution(s)) no less than five working days before the commencement of the course.
- No replacement of course participant(s) is allowed after the commencement of the courses.
- Should a course participant wish to drop out of a course of the Programme due to health reason, he/she and his/her kindergarten must inform SCOLAR and the respective course provider (institution) in writing with supporting documents. Whether or not the subsidised place for the course participant concerned shall be deducted from the kindergarten is subject to SCOLAR's final decision.
- Should a course participant resign from the kindergarten which has nominated him/her for the course of the Programme and work in another kindergarten during the course period, the subsidised place for him/her shall be deducted from the kindergarten which he/she has newly joined and serves. Should the new employer (kindergarten) of the course participant decline to provide a subsidised place for the course participant (teacher) concerned, the course participant will not be allowed to attend the course.
- Should a course participant resign from the kindergarten which has nominated him/her for the course of the Programme and leave the profession before the commencement of the course or during the course period, he or she will not be allowed to attend the course.
- Whether or not a course participant can complete the course or be issued the course certificate, the subsidised place for him/her shall be deducted from his/her kindergarten.
- SCOLAR reserves the right for making the final decision with respect to the allocation of subsidised places of each kindergarten.